Xinlin.inc

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

27#

In the past few months,the entertainment industry lose a few good people-Farrah Fawcett,Micheal Jackson and right here at home,we lost one of the country's BEST directors,Yasmin Ahmad.
When I first heard about her death.I was like"So what?Just another so called famous person passed away only ma..."
But,when I soon read about her works on the papers,I knew I'm wrong,so wrong!
Remember those Petronas commercials we see on TV's for Merdeka Day and Hari Raya?Those commercials,which had always include 3 races in Malaysia,were INDEED Yasmin's pieces of work.There are always a touching scene in her work,nevertheless her commercials.It was just after her death when I finally realized those commercials are her work which touched every bits of my heart.Raju having lunch with Tun and her family after years of being apart in Yasmin's TV commercial titled From Madras

Yasmin Ahmad (1958-2009)

A scene taken from the latest TV commercial produced by the Culture, Arts and Heritage Ministry and directed by prolific director Yasmin Ahmad which received overwhelming response from the public

I watched one of the film,"Sepet"directed by our late Yasmin Ahamad yesterday,Trust me,that was the BEST Malaysian movie I had ever seen!Even tough it left me hanging at the end of the movie, that may be because I'm too young to understand what happened to the main character in the end,but that easy understanding piece of work do bring out a lot of messages.It's a must watch movie!!!

Sepet (MALAYSIA) - Trailer

talentime trailer 2

Some other ads by Yasmin Ahmad which are so familiar to us

There are lots more about Yasmin, and there are more than words to say. Check this link:


If you are interested, you can drop by Yasmin's blog. I just got to know about her blog. Her blog is short, simple and nice. Each and every words she pen down really reflects her own personality. Check this out:

http://yasminthefilmmaker.blogspot.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home